JOIN OUR STAFF
Camp Choconut was established in 1896 as a summer camp setting for boys 9 to 15 years of age where outdoor activities such as camping, backpacking, canoeing and sports helped to instill the values of cooperation, teamwork, responsibility, and friendship.
Today, these values are as important as ever before and people who share these values are what makes Camp Choconut a success.
Make history - join one of the oldest summer camp in America!
Counselor skills and/or interests: We will train the right person to do the job. Your attitude and willingness to work in several areas is most important.
- WSI instructor – Teach waterfront safety and help the boys improve their swimming skills.
- Lifeguard – Keep the campers safe in and on Lake Choconut.
- Canoe & kayak – Teach safety and technique
- Carpentry – Teach campers to use hand tools and complete small, individual and large, group projects.
- Campcraft - Teach the ways of the woods – the fundamentals of outdoor living, including “Leave No Trace” camping techniques, the safe ways to build fires, knife and hand ax skills, and campfire cooking. Lead trips into the surrounding woods. Teach map and compass skills, packing for a trip and the responsibility of group living.
- Archery – Help the boys develop familiarity with bow and arrow. Teach them safe practices and encourage them to enjoy the sport safely and to improve their ability and accuracy.
- Nature - Help the boys identify trees, plants, animal life and more.
- If you love kids, this may be the right place for you!
What you get:
- Room, board and money in your pocket.
- A great reference for your resume and a letter detailing how you are a team player, created a program and ran it successfully – just the thing employers want to hear.
- Work in the out-of-doors doing activities that will enhance you physically.
- Leadership skills that will benefit you with your future plans as a teacher, businessperson, professional or parent.
- Training in the fields of child development, behavior management and daily programs.
- Experience working with children, confidence while working as a team member and an opportunity to develop your patience and flexibility.
- The knowledge that you have made a positive difference in children's lives.
- The chance to demonstrate your creativity and spirit in the camp's special events, Big Games and rainy day programs.
- An extraordinary summer experience and most of all, FUN!
Summer staff positions are available. This years session will run a six-week session from June 27– August 8. Please plan on spending a few days before the session and a few days after the session. For more information and to apply for a position, please download the following:
Have questions? Please call or contact Fred Lorber - Director >>Click here to contact Fred